For information on display and classified advertising in The CPA Journal, contact the appropriate sales representative:
410-584-1971 – or email at [email protected].
Find more about our Media Kit, click here.
2018 Editorial Calendar
JANUARY: Tax Outlook
- Tax Reform in the Trump Era
- Current issues in taxation.
- IRS initiatives and priorities. Criminal investigation, bankruptcy and offers in compromise.
FEBRUARY: Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting Outlook
- Final reporting—the big three, disclosure overload, standards setting and implementation update
- Data analytics, audit quality, and audit failure
- Regulatory updates from SEC, PCAOB, ASB, FASB and others
MARCH: Ethics, Risk Management, and Professional Liability
- How to mitigate risks and identify high-risk areas.
- Virtual currencies, tax liability, anti-money laundering and penalties, updates on IRS offshore regulations and assessments, FATCA issues
APRIL: Special issue on Not-for-Profit and Exempt Organizations and Government Financial Reporting
- Highlights of the 39th annual NFPO Conference
- Plus government accounting and reporting
MAY: Personal Financial Planning
- Personal financial planning, investing, retirement planning
- Asset protection, estates and trusts, business succession
- Credentialing the financial planner
JUNE: Technology and Cyber security
- Fallout from high-profile data breaches
- Transformational issues—virtual auditing, growth of firms’ outsourced auditing practices.
- Where are we with big data and artificial intelligence?
JULY: Special Issue on Sustainability
- Experts from firms, governments, and NGOs.
- Focus on integrated reporting, six capitals, non-financial measures
- Trends in reporting by public companies
AUGUST: Special issue on 17th Annual Baruch Financial Reporting Conference
- Leading standards setters, regulators, and professionals gather to discuss important developments in financial reporting. Speakers and panelists representing preparers, issuers, and users discuss the state of accounting, auditing and financial reporting
SEPTEMBER: Education/Preparation/Training of Young Professionals
- “Back to school” issue focusing on education issues
- Changing the accounting curriculum to keep it relevant
- Diversity & inclusion in schools and the pipeline
OCTOBER: Federal, State, and Local Taxation Annual Update
- Coverage of changes in the law, regulations and practical tips for handling the new rules at the federal, state and local levels. Practical techniques for applying the new state and local rules on domicile and others.
NOVEMBER ISSUE: Special Issue on the Annual NYSSCPA Tax Software Survey
- Survey examines new features and tools as well as member satisfaction with existing products. Introduces new products, new apps and planning tools.
DECEMBER: Special issue 4th Annual Practice Management Survey
- Includes unique to The CPA Journal content from the Rosenberg practice management survey.
- Merger and acquisition trends, quality of life, gender, and retirement issues; telecommuting, soft skills, managing young professionals; best practices in management; selection, recruitment, and retention of staff; dealing with staff shortages; new business opportunities; and the changing profession.