For information on display and classified advertising in The CPA Journal, contact the appropriate sales representative:
410-584-1930 – or email at [email protected].
Find more about our Media Kit, click here.
2019 Editorial Calendar
JANUARY: Tax Outlook
- Tax Cuts & Jobs Act: Impact and implementation
- Current issues in tax preparation and planning
- IRS initiatives and priorities—criminal investigation, bankruptcy, and offers in compromise
FEBRUARY: Accounting & Auditing Outlook
- Annual Baruch Auditing Conference
- Data analytics, audit quality, and audit failure
- Updates from SEC, PCAOB, ASB, IIASB, FASB, IASB, and others
MARCH: Ethics, Risk Management, and Professional Liability
- Internal audit roundtable discussion
- How to mitigate risks and identify high-risk areas.
- Virtual currencies, tax liability, anti-money laundering and penalties, updates on IRS offshore regulations and assessments, FATCA issues
APRIL: Not-for-Profit and Exempt Organizations and Government Financial Reporting
- Highlights of the 40th annual NFPO Conference
- Exempt organization and TCJA
- Government accounting and reporting
MAY: Personal Financial Planning
- Personal financial planning, investing, retirement planning
- Asset protection, estates and trusts, business succession
- Credentialing the financial planner
JUNE: Technology and Cybersecurity
- Big data and artificial intelligence—where are we?
- Fallout from high-profile data breaches
- Transformational issues—virtual auditing, outsourced auditing practices
JULY: Special Issue on Sustainability
- Focus on integrated reporting and the six capitals
- Trends in reporting by public companies
- EU Nonfinancial reporting directive
AUGUST: Special issue on 18th Annual Baruch Financial Reporting Conference
- Leading standards setters, regulators, and professionals gather to discuss important developments in financial reporting
- Speakers and panelists representing preparers, issuers, and users discuss the state of accounting, auditing and financial reporting
SEPTEMBER: Education/Preparation/Training of Young Professionals
- “Back to school” issue focusing on education issues
- Changing the accounting curriculum to keep it relevant
- Bringing practitioners into the classroom, bringing academic research into practice
- Diversity & inclusion in schools and the pipeline
OCTOBER: Federal, State, and Local Taxation Annual Update
- Coverage of changes in the law and regulations
- Tips for handling the new rules at the federal, state and local levels.
- Practical techniques for applying the new state and local rules on domicile and others.
NOVEMBER ISSUE: Special Issue on the Annual NYSSCPA Tax Software Survey
- Survey examines new features and tools as well as member satisfaction with existing products
- Covers new products, new apps, and planning tools.
DECEMBER: Special issue 5th Annual Practice Management Survey
- Includes unique to The CPA Journal content from the Rosenberg practice management survey.
- Merger and acquisition trends, new business opportunities.
- Retirement and transition issues; telecommuting, soft skills, managing young professionals;
- Best practices in management; selection, recruitment, and retention of staff; dealing with staff shortages
- Gender and diversity issues in accounting firms