For information on display and classified advertising in The CPA Journal, contact the appropriate sales representative:
Media Sales & Events Account Executive
p: 717.430.2351 | m: 717.825.9276 | f:717.825.2171 – or email at [email protected].
2021 Editorial Calendar
FEBRUARY/MARCH: Tax & Accounting Outlook
- IRS initiatives and priorities—criminal investigation, bankruptcy, and offers in compromise
- Critical new issues in tax preparation and planning – filing season issues
- Data analytics, audit quality, and audit failure
- Updates from SEC, PCAOB, ASB, IIASB, FASB, IASB, and others
APRIL/MAY: Ethics, Not-for-Profit Organizations and Government Financial Reporting
- How to mitigate risks and identify high-risk areas.
- Virtual currencies, tax liability, anti-money laundering and penalties, updates on IRS offshore regulations and assessments, FATCA issues
- Exempt organizations
- Government accounting and reporting
- Big data and artificial intelligence—where are we?
- Fallout from high-profile data breaches
- Transformational issues—virtual auditing, outsourced auditing practices
AUGUST/SEPTEMBER: Sustainability & Education
- Focus on integrated reporting and the six capitals
- Trends in reporting by public companies -EU Nonfinancial reporting directive
- Back to school” issue focusing on education issues
- Changing the accounting curriculum to keep it relevant
- Bringing practitioners into the classroom, bringing academic research into practice
- Diversity & inclusion in schools and the pipeline
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER: Tax Update & Annual NYSSCPA Tax Software Survey
- Survey examines new features and tools as well as member satisfaction with existing products
- Covers new products, new apps, and planning tools.
DECEMBER/JANUARY: Practice Management & 6th Annual Practice Management Survey
- Includes unique to The CPA Journal content from the Rosenberg practice management survey.
- Merger and acquisition trends, new business opportunities
- Retirement and transition issues; telecommuting, soft skills, managing young professionals;
- Best practices in management; selection, recruitment, and retention of staff; dealing with staff shortages
- Gender and diversity issues in accounting firms