For information on display and classified advertising in The CPA Journal, contact the appropriate sales representative:
Media Sales & Events Account Executive
p: 717.430.2351 | m: 717.825.9276 | f:717.825.2171 – or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more about our Media Kit.
2022 Editorial Calendar
JANUARY/FEBRUARY: Accounting and Auditing Outlook
- Can traditional financial metrics uncover pandemic effects?
- Credit losses and going concern issues – how to measure?
- Critical audit matters, matter
- Accounting, auditing, and financial reporting regulatory updates
- New rules and updates from SEC, PCAOB, ASB, IIASB, FASB, IASB, and others
MARCH/APRIL: Ethics, Not-for-Profit Organizations, and Government Financial Reporting
- Updates on exempt organizations
- How to mitigate risks and identify high-risk areas
- Anti-money laundering, updates on IRS offshore regulations and assessments, FATCA issues
- Not-for-profit management and reporting
- Government accounting and reporting
MAY/JUNE: Tax Outlook & Financial Reporting Update
- IRS initiatives and priorities—criminal investigation, bankruptcy, and offers in compromise
- Critical new issues in tax preparation and planning—filing season issues
- New federal tax legislation and changes
- Remote workers and the NY State rules on domicile
- Auditors’ heavy hand on remote workers fleeing NYS
JULY/AUGUST: Technology & Sustainability
- Cybersecurity and fallout from high-profile data breaches
- Big data and artificial intelligence—where are we?
- Transformational issues—virtual auditing, outsourced auditing practices
- Cryptocurrencies, blockchain, and NFTs
- Focus on integrated reporting and the six capitals
- Trends in reporting by public companies—EU Nonfinancial reporting directive
SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER: Education, Young Professionals, DEI
- “Back to school” issue with panel discussion of education issues
- Changing the accounting curriculum to keep up with the CPA Evolution
- Bringing practitioners into the classroom, bringing academic research into practice
- Diversity equity & inclusion in schools and the pipeline
- Recruitment, selection, and retention
- The next generation – finding meaning in the profession and employment with purpose
NOVEMBER/DECEMBER: Practice Management & 8th Annual Practice Management Survey
- Annual Rosenberg practice management survey, including unique NYS content
- Predictions for 2023 from thought leaders
- Merger and acquisition trends, new business opportunities
- Retirement and transition issues; promoting the next generation of managers.
- Best practices in management; recruitment and retention of staff; dealing with staff shortages
- Gender and diversity issues in accounting firms